The RCC Athletic Department will successfully integrate academic and athletic experiences in an atmosphere of HARD WORK, RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and AMBITION.
Be where you are supposed to be, when you are supposed to be there, doing what you are supposed to be doing, the best you can possibly do it.
The attitude in which you treat yourself, your teammates, your coaches, and your opponents. Demonstrated through the character, action, and effort in everything you do. Being humble in victory and defeat because anything worth doing is worth doing right.
Leading by example. Understanding that leading is to serve and work for those around you. Putting the team first by doing the little things every day. Continuing forward when facing adversity and working the process to get better every day.
The desire to achieve the maximum performance. To not only do things well but as well as is conceivably possible. To set a goal, pursue it, and achieve it. The impulse to grow both within the self and the group. To understand success in all areas of life is the ultimate goal.
We believe that academic and athletic excellence are mutually compatible. In that spirit, the department will work to provide student-athletes with a constructive learning experience that:
- Inspires significant personal growth.
- Enhances the development of positive social values critical for personal and professional success.
- Promotes a college culture where academic achievements and athletic success are a part of the total campus experience.
- Recruits and retains disciplined and competitive student-athletes and teams committed to winning with sportsmanship and appropriate campus conduct.
- Builds a community of scholar-athletes, coaches, and staff whose primary focus is to achieve academic excellence, develop teamwork, and commit to athletic competition and outstanding performance.
The department will fulfill its mission in keeping with the college mission to provide quality learning opportunities for students to achieve their goals and supports the vitality of our communities.