The RCC Athletic Department will successfully integrate academic and athletic experiences in an atmosphere of respect, hard work, fairness, and integrity.
We believe that academic and athletic excellence are mutually compatible. In that spirit, the department will achieve these goals:
Provide student-athletes with a constructive learning experience that:
- Inspires significant personal growth.
- Enhances the development of positive social values critical for personal and professional success.
- Promotes a college culture where academic achievements and athletic success are a part of the total campus experience.
- Recruits and retain disciplined and competitive student-athletes and teams committed to winning with sportsmanship and appropriate campus conduct.
- Builds a community of scholar-athletes, coaches, and staff whose primary focus is to achieve academic excellence, develop teamwork, and commit to athletic competition and outstanding performance.
The department will fulfill its mission in keeping with the college mission to provide quality education to help learners achieve their goals and to support the social, civic, cultural, and economic vitality of our diverse community.